Monday, December 31, 2007

...on the road...again.

the picturesque scene outside of the Nashua Obama headquarters

Today was an unusual day. After meeting briefly as a class over breakfast, we headed out around 9:00 a.m. to go to our campaigns. Because it was snowing and Dr. McLauchlan wanted everyone to see everyone else's campaign offices, it took a looooong time for me to get to my office headquarters. We're staying in Nashua and most everyone's campaign's are in town, but mine is about an hour away in Concord, along with Brandon and Shadi's. In between Nashua and Concord are the Manchester offices, so obviously we did Nashua people, Manchester, then Concord.

I was finally dropped off around 3:30 p.m., to a very quiet campaign office. Their were about 5 staffers -Cassidy, Abby, Chris, Perklis, and Rick (I think it was Rick...!)- in the office and no other volunteers, but at least I had things to do. I did phone banking for about 45 minutes and then helped some of the staffers out with two mailers. I only worked for about 2 and half hours because most people closed early due to New Year's Eve.

Tomorrow I'm going to be working in Milford with Cassidy and the rest of the gang on a 20,000 piece mailer. I'm looking forward to it because it's not phones! :P I don't mind doing phones at all, but it's definitely not at the top of my list of fun things to do around a campaign.

Hopefully my experience will get better as time goes on. I know a lot of my classmates had tons of fun meeting people and working on their campaigns, so helpful things will get more exciting over the next few days, especially after Iowa.

The tremendous amount of car riding that I participated in today did have some benefit. I had some great conversations with my classmates, which I really enjoyed, and I also got to know a bit more about some of them; I like hearing people's stories.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'll be posting another photo blog in a few minutes...

Until tomorrow then!

No comments: