Tuesday, January 1, 2008

day three

This is going to be a short blog because I'm tired and I have work to do, but I just wanted to give you all a rundown of my day.

It started out this morning with a class meeting listening to Professor David Redlawsk from the University of Iowa tell us all about the Iowa caucuses via speaker phone. It was interesting to hear all the ins and outs of the caucuses and the actual logistics behind them. At right are Dr. McLauchlan and Debbie listening in.

Following, we left immediately for our campaigns. I got dropped off in

Manchester today (instead of Concord) because we were going to be out of the office working on a huge mailer at a supporter's house a few towns away. I had some fun waiting in the Bridge Cafe (pictured at left) on Elm St., and thank goodness it was open because nothing else was at 10 a.m. on New Years Day.

It started snowing around 11 a.m., which you can see in the picture, and didn't stop until late afternoon. It was so cold!

I think what I really enjoyed about the campaign today, despite stuffing thirty envelopes a minute for eight hours, was getting to know EVERYONE on the campaign. With everyone sitting on the table doing the same task for so long, conversation is always flowing and it was a nice introduction. Today was much better than yesterday by far.

I got back to the hotel around 9:15 tonight, and now I really need to get some other homework done. Have a wonderful night!


...Elm St., Manchester, with snow falling...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huckabee is a winner! See- all of your hard work is worth it. Think warm thoughts.
Lots of love from Illinois.